October 9, 2013

"Child is father of the man"


Today I was talking about different kind of occupations to my 3 year old...Like what does a baker do,a teacher,a doctor,a engineer...out of curiosity my little one asked what does papa do? I answered,"He is an engineer".To which my question bank questioned me next," Mama, I don't see his tools, so what kind of engineer is he? I said," he is a software engineer"...She took a deep breath and said," Ahha"...I thought what did she think and gave in this sigh .So I asked her ,"did you get it ?" And indeed she was right ,as per standard ,she said me one who works with laptops,computers...Then somehow in the middle of our conversation I said her that I too am a S/W engineer...She just giggled and laughed and kept me saying " No Mama" repeatedly..This time it was me who was curious what was in her mind, so I questioned her ,"Hey little one , why are you laughing? "She answered to me like a flash of lighting that "It's big guys job to go to office and work.Papa is a big guy."I explained to her that I worked too and went to an office too .But then I wanted to have lots of fun with her at home, so I stopped going to office...Then my question bank questions " Will I go back to work when she is big and can do stuffs on her own?"Without any thought or a pause I answered " Yes Dear."I never ever thought that this was coming from her( quoting her exact lines),"Mama mama everyone is big enough big enough to do something( some rhyme by her favorite cartoon character, Daniel Tiger) but but I don't want to grow big now.You and I have so much fun all the time (..she paused...then...) Thank you Mama for staying at home and taking care of me.I love you."

 I was spell bound and my heart and eyes got heavy...The tears that rolled down were tears of joy and I felt happy seeing her what she is growing up to,how compassionate...

 Actually lived the statement (for that moment),"Child is the father of man".Everyone, me no exception to it, come across such situations every now and then.But we just tend to overlook the fact .But that day it just hit the right chord and I still hear the echo within myself.

Bless you my dear child...Praying the Almighty to help her always to keep THE INNOCENCE ,THE SIMPLICITY entacted,no matter what...

1 comment: